2024 STEWARDSHIP LETTER
November 15, 2023
It is the most wonderful time of the year. It is Stewardship time!
As I sit here writing this letter, I am praying for the world. There are so many frightening, bad things happening to a lot of people. I know that we, the members, and friends of the Second Congregational Church in Norway are all praying for peace and health for everyone in our town, state, country and the world.
I am also thinking of all the good and wonderful things we, the Second Congregational Church members and friends do around the Oxford Hills, this state, country, and the world. I am thankful!
- We are a hard-working Church who each month serve approximately 120 of our neighbors a tasty and nutritious meal at our Free drive thru suppers.
- We financially support local missions, such as: Safe Voices, SAPARS, Right Start, local food pantries, and Responsible Pet Care.
- We reach out to the wider community and world with financial support of food, medical supplies, rebuilding areas devastated by floods, mud slides, and war.
- We financially support both the Maine Conference of the United Church of Christ and the National Conference.
- We support a minister who graciously represents us in the wider community.
- We make our building available for community meetings and individual counseling.
- We stock our thrift store with clean and affordable items for the community.
- We continually refill our mini-food pantry on the ramp.
- We support our vocal choir & bell choir and provide weekly worship services and Sunday school.
- We send children to summer camp and provide vacation Bible School.
- We support college students with scholarships and help homeless teens with food and presents.
- We warm children in our local schools with mittens, hats, and scarves.
- We love as Jesus loves us. We give our time and our treasure! We are open and affirming. c
I am sending this letter to ask you to help our Church financially with your pledge. We need your pledge to keep up our good work! It not only helps us pay our bills such as salaries, electric, oil, internet, and maintenance on our property, but also your pledge lets us know what we can expect each month to help us with unexpected expenses, like our leaking roof, and with special events we would like to schedule. As we enter a new fiscal year, will you return your completed pledge card to the Church by December 3, 2023? The Trustees would be very appreciative of your assistance in the 2024 budget process.
I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Deb Ladner or Kate Wood.
For your convenience we have included a QR Code, a paypal link as well as our mailing address.
Second Congregational Church of Norway P.O. Box 164
205 Main Street
Norway, Maine 04268